bbq & sports day
SepTember 8, 2018.
10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Felstead Avenue Playground, toronto.
Anesthesia Staff - $35*
Residents & Fellows - $25*
Admin & Research Staff - $25*
Guests/Family Members - $10*
Child (ages 3 to 10) - $5*
Infant Child (age below 3) - Free**
DEADLINE to Register:
extended till noon on Sep. 7
*Ticket price includes food, access to the venue, and participation in the games and soccer tournament. Please note that participation in the soccer tournament is limited to staff, fellows, and residents only. Games are open to guests and family members.
**If you wish to buy food for your infant child then please purchase a Child ticket.
All profits generated through this event will be donated to CASIEF and some of it will be put towards future social events.
10:00am - 10:30am - Registration
10:30am - 1:00pm - Soccer Tournament + Games
1:00pm - 3:00pm - Lunch + Socialization
Soccer Tournament & Games start at 10:30am sharp so please arrive on time.
Team T-shirts for your department are available at $10/t-shirt. The deadline to order t-shirts is Aug. 27, 2018 at 4pm.
Food will be catered on site by a Greek restaurant with the following options: chicken souvlaki (2 skewers), pork souvlaki (2 skewers), or vegetarian option (choice of veggie souvlaki or stuffed bell pepper or spanakopita). All options will come with greek salad, rice, potatoes, pita, and tzatziki.
Children's meal options include: chicken fingers or vegetarian option (choice of veggie souvlaki or stuffed bell pepper or spanakopita) with french fries.
Soccer Tournament & GAMES:
- Participation in the soccer tournament and games is optional but highly recommended as there is no better way to get to know your colleagues than through some friendly competition. Please indicate whether you wish to play when registering.
- You will be playing with the hospital team that you register with.
- You need NO PRIOR EXPERIENCE OR SKILL in order to play. You just have to have a METS >4. All the rules will be explained before hand.
- Due to scheduling reasons, the soccer tournament is ONLY open to staff, fellows and residents. The games are open to everyone including family members.
- Games offered: Tug-of-War, Egg-Spoon Relay Race, and Sack Relay Race.
- If you do not wish to play soccer or games, you can still participate by cheering on your team!
- We encourage coordinating matching outfits or team uniforms with your hospital team.
Each team will be made up of Staff, Fellows and Residents from the SAME HOSPITAL. Please encourage your colleagues to attend, particularly if you like to win!
1) How can I contact the organizers?
Please visit our Contact Us page.
2) Why attend this event?
- Opportunity to socialize and network with colleagues from all the academic and community-affiliated Anesthesia departments. Academic hospitals include Mount Sinai, SickKids, St. Michael's, Sunnybrook, Toronto General, Toronto Western, and Women's College. Community hospitals include Michael Garron (formerly TEGH), North York General, Humber River, St. Joseph's, Scarborough and Rouge, Trillium/Credit Valley, Southlake, Mackenzie Health, and Markham-Stoufville.
- Networking opportunity for residents and fellows
- Informal staff-resident mentorship
- Improve the sense of community in Toronto's anesthesia program
3) What to wear?
Comfortable active wear to play sports in. We encourage teams to coordinate matching colors or team uniforms. This is an outdoor rain-or-shine event so please dress accordingly.
4) Can I purchase tickets at the door?
Unfortunately, no. We need to plan for the BBQ catering in advance. Ticket sales close Aug. 31, 2018.
5) Where do I register myself or my team for the sports?
When you pay for registration, you can indicate that you are interested in playing sports and you will automatically be placed on the hospital team you register with.